Six years ago my husband and I started the Give Back Softball Lehigh Valley Softball Tournament to unite people in the Lehigh Valley community who wanted to Give Back and make a difference! We are excited to announce, our 2019 tournament benefiting the MS Wellness Program at Good Shepard!!!
When: Saturday Sept 14, 2019 (Rain Date Sept 21)
Time: 8:00am Registration begins! The day usually runs until about 5-6pm for the final teams playing!
Where: Hokey Park in Whitehall; 3417 Lehigh St. Whitehall, PA 18052
Cause: Multiple Sclerosis! Each year, we poll our family, friends and community and see what causes are near and dear to them. We know MS is a cause that many are passionate about, because so many of us know and love someone who suffers from MS.
What does the MS Wellness Program provide: Good Shepherd’s MS Wellness Program, is the first of its kind in Eastern Pennsylvania! It’s a unique, bi-weekly program that offers activities to promote and maintain the health and well being of their participants. The goal of the MS Wellness Program is to enhance the quality of life for our participants and their families.
Good Shepherd’s MS Wellness Program:
- Encourages MS participants to live life to its fullest
- Prevents isolation
- Provides educational opportunities relating to health and wellness
- Provides information and access to local MS support groups, resources and MS functions
- Provides opportunities for socialization
- Provides updates on research, education and new techniques relating to MS
Activities for MS Wellness Program participants:
- MS Therapeutic Art Class
- Gentle Yoga and Chair Zumba
- MS education and resources
- Development of strategies to address the hidden effects of MS
- Recreational activities
The MS Wellness Program meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays in Allentown.
The National MS Society has designated Good Shepherd and a partners at Lehigh Neurology as a Comprehensive Care Center for the treatment of multiple sclerosis.
So what are you waiting for!?!?! You need to join us in making this years event even more amazing than the last 5!!!!
All of our tournament information can be found right here! We need volunteers, event sponsors, umpires, raffle items and more!
This is a family friendly event!
- Pets Allowed
- Full teams not needed- we’ll add you to an existing team, or create your own!
- Snacks, food, drinks and adult beverages included in the $40 sign up fee
- Amazing Basket Raffle
- 50/50 Raffle
- Tons of Lehigh Valley residents all united for one cause- to GIVE BACK!
- Contact me today for how you can become a sponsor, form a team or volunteer!
Let’s make 2019 the best year yet!!!!!