Good morning friends!
I’ve had this thought in mind to share for quite some time, because I think it’s so important to remember. We spend so much time worrying about the past and planning for the future, that now more than ever, living in and appreciating the NOW is fleeting.
Anyone else struggle to remain present? 🙋♀️
Lately I’ve been thinking about how personally I’ve been so laser focused on the future and what’s next that enjoying the journey is getting lost. We’re currently living in “the good old days” and I don’t want this time to pass without truly enjoying it.
Any Office fans out there? (Haha I know, there’s literally a billion of us)! One of my favorite scenes in the enter series is this one: Good Old Days- Andy Bernard He says:
“I wish there was a way to know you’re in the Good Old Days, before you actually left them.”
As he says this he flashes back to good times with his coworkers and moments that at the time didn’t seem very important, but he now realizes that those moments were in fact “the good old days.”
Ahhh… this is literally what I’m talking about here!!! I think in our current world where our heads are buried in our phones and we’re always on the go, leaping to “what’s next,” it’s so easy to let the important moments pass by unnoticed. In thinking about this, I’ve decided to do a few things to get back to being more present, and I hope some of these tips can help you too!
Things I’m going to do to be more present:
- Put my phone away when out to dinner or when spending quality time with family and friends
- Writing out or acknowledging the small or large blessings of the day that I’m grateful for
- Leave my phone upstairs when spending quality time with my husband at night as we wind down
- Worry less about posting on social media “in the moment” and actually enjoy the thing it is that I realllly want to post about
- Listen better. Rather than worrying about the next thing on my to-do list, where I need to be, or who is texting me, I’m want to do a better job at listening when in conversation
PHEW- That’s a lot 😅
What is list screams to me is: Put your phone down, lift your head up, open your ears, be where you are, focus on what’s in front of you, worry less about what’s ahead and my favorite and the most important piece- count your blessings
I’d love to hear what some of you do to remain present! If you have something that works well for you, please drop it in the comments!
To the Good Old Days,